Wellplace Michigan A resource for individuals seeking mental health or substance abuse information and services
Wellplace Michigan functions as a point of access for those in need of mental health and substance abuse treatment.
We work with local providers and designated Managed Care Provider Networks (MCPNs) to ensure an overall integrated and effective access system for people with severe mental illness, severe emotional disturbance, developmental disabilities, substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders.
- We are designed for community benefit and to ensure that the community is continually educated on how to contact the public mental health system for needed services
- We are available on a 24/7 basis and are immediately accessible across the local service area regardless of where the person contacts or enters the public mental health system
- All persons contacting Wellplace shall be made to feel welcome however they choose to contact us and will be treated with dignity and respect
- Wellplace will operate under a “no wrong door” philosophy, where persons are screened for eligibility, coverage determination and referred for services and supports regardless of where they make contact
- All persons contacting Wellplace shall be receive access to needed services and supports designed to achieve their desired outcomes
- All persons shall be empowered to exercise informed choice
- All services provided by Wellplace shall be individual and family-centered
- The Wellplace Access Center is designed to foster engagement, and support trauma informed care, recovery, resiliency and self-determination
- Wellplace is committed to a continuous quality improvement focus
- Initial contact call and triage to appropriate services
- Collection of Demographic information and data entry
- Provide general information in regards to benefit plans, coordination of benefits, network changes, etc.
- Receive inquiries regarding complaints, grievances and appeals.
- Provide Information and Referral services
- Provide Crisis Intervention
- Provide Suicide Prevention Services
- Complete telephonic clinical screenings to determine eligibility for mental health or substance use services
- Provide referral and linkage, including appointment setting to a qualified provider
- Provide Service Authorization and Denial
- Credentialing Services
- Complete Special Populations Enrollments
- Facilitate MCPN Changes
- Complete Program Changes
- Provide Due Process Rights and Notifications
- Utilization Management
- Quality Assurance
Crisis calls are handled by certified clinicians via arrangements with local emergency services. Professional assistance is provided from the initial call until stabilization of the caller or emergency service transfer is initiated.
The Access Center provides services on a 24/7 basis and is accessible across the local service area, regardless of where a person enters the system. Callers may contact the Access Center from most locations, including a residence, emergency room, provider/government offices, shelters and warming centers.
From the point of contact, callers will receive comprehensive services, including screening for determination of level of care, immediate clinical appointments, or acute care admission. All callers will receive follow up calls within a reasonable time to ensure that standards of care are met in the delivery of services.